Would you like to celebrate the Summer Games the easy way? Try this edible medal activity for kids! It’s great fine motor skills for toddlers and preschoolers
We love watching the Summer Games and Winter Games together as a family. Sometimes we even host our own family games. We always love to end any event with this simple edible medal activity!
Snack + activity = snacking activity! Snacktivities like these are a great way to help kids develop fine motor skills. Kids love them because they can nibble on cereal while building their granola medal chain.
RELATED: Need More Simple Summer Game Snack Ideas? We have so many here!
Setting up this edible medal activity for kids is easy and quick!
What you need:
- Transparent tape
- Aluminum foil
- Fruit Loop Cereal (or other Circle Cereal)
RELATED: Host Your Own Summer Toddler Games! Here are 10+ great activity ideas.
Kids love to have a snack to carry! Parents and educators love that children build strong finger muscles when threading the cereal onto the yarn.
Instructions for this edible medal activity for kids:
- Cut a thin piece of cardboard into a circle
- Wrap the circle in aluminum foil
- Poke two holes through the foil and cardboard at the top of the circle
- Thread yarn through the cardboard circle to make a medal chain
- Have your child thread pieces of cereal on each side of the medal chain
- Snack while you create!
- Create a pattern as you go, or just thread any color of granola on it.
- Eat the cereal!
You don’t need a special reason to make these edible medals! They are fun all year round and are also great for birthday parties and field days. Have children decorate their medals with sharpies and write their names on a favorite picture.